VISA is necessary to enter Nepal. It can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport(TIA), from any Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or at the entry points in Nepal.
1. TIA, Kathmandu
2. Kakarvitta, Jhapa
3. Birganj, Parsa
4. Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
5. Belahia, Bhairahawa
6. Jamunaha, Nepalgunj
7. Mohana, Dhangadhi
8. Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar
9. Rashuwagadi, Rashuwa
People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal:
7. Liberia 8. Ethiopia
|Multiple entry||15 days||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||30 days||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||90 days||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency|
Gratis (Free) Visa
1.For first visit in one visa year (January to December) , gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
2.Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
For Indian Nationals
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any One of the following documents.
2. Driving License with photo
3. Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
4. Ration Card with Photo
5. Election Commission Card with Photo
6. Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
7. Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal
Visa Extension :Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
For further information, please contact: Department of Immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934 E-mail: email@example.com Web site: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
For Chinese Nationals As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
Advice for Online Visa Applicants
In order to avoid long queues and unnecessary problems, kindly submit a complete Online Visa Application form to the Immigration Authority of Nepal in your first attempt! Online Visa application can be submitted using following link:
To do that, here are few things you need to prepare:
1. Please keep your valid passport at hand.
2. Ready a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) in your removable device to upload your photograph for the application.
3. Gather before hand
a. a detailed permanent residence address, and
b. detailed address in Nepal.
4. You need to provide telephone numbers—land-line and mobile.
5. You need to provide your email address too.
6. The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system.
7. Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately.
8. Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority.
9. For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt.
10. The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority.
11. Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
12. For example, if you submit your extension application today, and your visa is expiring the next day, on the third day if you visit the Department of Immigration, you will have to pay late fee of that day. In order to prevent this sort of hassle, please submit your extension application on time and get your visa renewed before crossing the expiry date.
13. When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
14. No on arrival visa for country list – Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria