Pokhara is most beautiful and second biggest city of Nepal in the Western part of Nepal. The city has beautiful lakes like Phewa lake, Begnas lake, etc which is surrounded with the snow capped mountains. Pokhara is another best destination to visit in Nepal. Pokhara reflects the second Kathmandu with the flow of tourist and the activities of tourist every where. Pokhara is also a gate for the trekking in Annapurna Conservation Area and best city that offers an adventurous activity. Pokhara is most visiting destination of Nepal mostly for tourist.
Place to visit in Pokhara:
- Old Pokhara Bazzar
- Phewa Lake
- Davi’s Fall
- Bindabasini Temple
- Mahendra Cave (Gupha)
- Seti Gandaki Gorge
- World Peace Pagoda
- International Mountain Meseum
- Begnas Tal
- Tal Barahi Temple
Old Pokhara Bazzar: Old pokhara Bazzar is just 4km away from lake side area. Old bazaar is not famous among the tourist visiting. Pokhara is rich in culture and tradition.It reflects the old Kathmandu valley. The old Bazzar is the centre point for the trade which lies between Kathmandu and Tibet.
Phewa lake: Phewa lake is the second largest lake which is the best place to visit in Pokhara. Phewa lake is the central attraction of Pokhara. Tourist can find different types of restaurant and pub near by Phewa lake. Phewa lake offers different kinds of activities such as boating, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, bird watching, fishing and angling and the major attraction of the lake is Tal Barahi which is dedicated to Baraha.
Davi’s Fall: Davi’s Fall is also known as the Pataale Chhango which is located just 3-4km away from lakeside which is major attraction for tourist. Davi’s Fall is a plunge type waterfall that flows down below into the tunnel which is approximately 150 m long and runs 30 m below ground level
Bindabasini Temple: Bindabasini Temple is the oldest religious site in Pokhara which is another major attraction for the Hindus. The temple is dedicated to the goddess Durga. The temple is in top of hill that is 3000 m above the sea level.
Mahendra Cave (Gupha): Mahendra Cave is another centre of attraction for tourist in Pokhara which is located near the Seti River which was established by shepherds during late 1950’s.
Seti Gandaki Gorge: Seti Gandaki Gorge is the major attraction of the Pokhara which goes underground.
World Peace Pagoda: World peace Pagoda is called as the Shanti Stupa which is located in the Ananda hill, Pokhara. It is one of around 80 Peace Pagodas which have been built around the world. World peace pagoda offer the great views of the mountains around the Annapurna range, Pokhara valley and Phewa Lake. The stupa is best place to relax by enjoining the greatest views in a peaceful environment.
International Mountain Museum: The International Mountain museum is devoted to the mountain that are found in Nepal and mountaineering activities. Inside the museum one can find the original gear that is used for first Himalayan ascents.
Begnas Tal (Lake): Begnas lake is the fresh water lake located in the south-east to Pokhara valley. This is third largest lake of Nepal and second largest lake in Pokhara valley. Begnas Lake is unpolluted lake in the Pokhara and famous destination for tourist. Different activities like boating, sailing, fishing can be done in Begnas Tal.
Sarangkot: Sarangkot is the best place in Pokhara for watching the Pokhara valley and mountains such as Annapurna Massif, Machhapuchre(Fishtail Mountain), Dhaulagiri range, and Manaslu range that surrounds Pokhara valley which is just 5km away from Pokhara and lake side. This place is also famous for the starting point of Paragliding in Pokhara. It is the best place in Pokhara that tourist should not miss to visit which offers the magnificent views of Pokhara valley and beautiful mountains.
Tal Barahi temple: The Tal Barahi temple is located in the middle of the Phewa Lake and known as the lake temple of Nepal. This temple is famous among Hindu people. The only way to get in the temple is through Boat.
Things to do in Pokhrara:
- Paragliding: Paragliding in Pokhara is the best activities in Pokhara. Paragliding over Pokhara valley to view the mountains closely is every ones dream. Pokhara is the best destination in Nepal to have paragliding in Nepal. Pokhara is first place for operating paragliding in Nepal.
- Ultra flight: Ultralight flight is an another activity offered by beautiful city Pokhara..This is the best activity for the one who wants to observe the great peaks of Nepal very closely. Ultra flight is operated from Pokhara only. Ultralight flight offers views of the beautiful Annapurna range, Mt. fishtail, beautiful Phewa lake and wonderful Pokhara valley.
- Zip flyer: Zip flyer in Pokhara is the tallest, longest and speediest zip fly in Nepal. Zip flyer is located in the the beautiful city Pokhara. The starting point for zip flyer is Sarangkot (1625 m above sea level) and end at Hemmja (960 m above sea level) covering the distance 1860 m. The view of Annapurna mountain range, Fishtail, Dhaulagiri range, Lamjung Himal range and Panoramic view of Pokhara valley etc are the scenic view while zip flying.
- Bungee jump: Bungee jump in Pokhara in one only Tower bungee jump of Nepal which is at the height of 80 meters from where one dive to pound and touch the pond. Bungee Jumping in Pokhara is the highest water touch bungee in the world.
- Trekking: Pokhara is the main hub for the trekkers who want to have trekking in Himalayan region of Nepal. Pokhara is the gate way for trek in Annapurna conservation Area of Nepal. Pokhara is starting point for the trekkers who want to trek in the Annapurna Conservation Area which is famous place for trekking for the one who visits Nepal.
- Boating and fishing: Boating and fishing in Pokhara is the popular activities in Pokhara. Boating and fishing is done in beautiful lakes of Pokhara such as Phewa lake, Begnas lake and Rupa Lake.