The put in point of this rafting trip is the lower part of Khadichour, which is a 3 hour drive from Kathmandu, and the take out point is the Sukute Beach but the put in point changes during the monsoon season. The rafting journey is suitable throughout the year but you can gain a much better experience from September to October.If you are looking for a thrilling white water experience within a limited time, this rafting expedition is just the right one for you!
From Kathmandu we will drive to Khadichour which will take around 3 hours. After the professional guides brief you about safety and paddling instructions, we will get ready to start our river journey. We will hit continuous rapids of class 3. After rafting for around 16 kilometers, we will reach at a river bank and set up our camps there or go drive back to Kathmandu as per your interest.
We will start the final day of our rafting expedition driving up to Jambu, which is our second put in point. It’s going to be challenging day as we will hit a lot of rapids of class 3 and class 4+ like Barking Dog, Midnight Special and the Great Wall which aren’t run able. After an hour of rafting, we will again hit so major rapids like Liquid Bliss, Fake Right Go Left and Golden Gate and reach our take out point, i.e. the Sukute beach. We will have a nice and warm lunch at the beach and head back to Kathmandu which will take around 3.5 hours.
- Professional English speaking licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue, and Wilderness First Aid
- Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
- Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, PFDs, dry bags and Pelican boxes.
- Accommodation in a camp and all necessary facilities including two man tents, shelters, simple mattress and sleeping bag, toilet tents, etc.
- Treated drinking water
- Two-way transportation
- River permits.
- Industry standard first aid kits
- Team photos (photos videos by our team)
- Included meals
Day 1 = Lunch & Dinner
Day 2 = Breakfast & Lunch
- Visas, flights, other taxes etc.
- Personal items like toiletries, clothing, camera etc.
- Alcohol and other packed food.
- Insurance policy: paddlers need to have their own insurance since we only provide insurance to our crew.
- Tips for guides – we pay our guides and porters fairly but if you want you can tip them personally.
What we provide.
- High quality rafts.
- Safety helmets, plastic paddles, life jackets.
- We provide plentiful, healthy and hygienically prepared food.
- Tents and sleeping mats for overnight stay.
What to bring?
- Sport Sandals
- Shirts that will dry quickly
- Swim suit
- Warm layers (fleece, trousers)
- Camera and batteries/chargers
- Water Bottles
- Handy Money
Frquently Asked Questions
Please tell us if you are a non-swimmer, or not very confident in the water. Also it is essential that you inform us of any medical conditions that may affect your well being on the trip. Don’t forget to request vegetarian meals if required.
“Walk Nepal ” takes the safety of its clients very seriously. All our guides are licensed, with many years of experience on the rivers of Nepal . All are trained in CPR(Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), First Aid and advanced river rescue techniques.
Once you complete your booking, you will be sent a copy of your booking reservation by email. (Check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure your confirmation e-mail was not blocked.) This is proof that your booking is final, and there is no further need to contact us to confirm your reservation.
You can also check details or your bookings by signing in to your account and going to your Manage your bookings page.
If you are not registered with WalkNepal.com, you can look up your booking confirmation by last name and either your credit card number used for the reservation or the itinerary or confirmation number (sent to you via e-mail).
Sometimes our booking confirmations aren’t successfully received as your email provider may be treating our message as “spam,” or it may have bounced back as at the time of booking the mailbox had exceeded its limit etc. Not to worry: you can view and print your booking online by logging in and following the “Bookings” link from the homepage.
If no bookings are displayed online, or you don’t have an online account and didn’t write down your itinerary number, please call us and our advisors will be happy to resend you a confirmation by email.
WalkNepal.com Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org for help at any time, or give us a call. If you have any questions or concerns about your rafting reservation, our service representatives will be ready to assist you.
Yes, you can. We won’t charge you for this, but your payment won’t be refunded in case of following conditions. Check the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Before 24 hours 100% refund.
- After 24 hours 50% refund
- After arrival of the customer at the service site 0% refund i.e. non refundable.if the booked ticket is cancelled due to any of the reasons of the company, such ticket shall be postponed to next raft or shall returned the entire amount to booking agent.
To cancel, go to your booking summary and click on “Cancel booking.”