Chandragiri day hiking one of the best day hiking around at Kathmandu valley. The hiking starts from Thankot. The clean environment makes you different and you feel relaxation in your mind. Also you can view panoramic view of the Langtang and Ganesh himal range.
The trail lead to Chhap Bhanjyang at 2275m through the small village and forest. You will walk 3 hours steep up stone staircase to the Chhap Bhanjyang. Here you will get tea and coffees in local tea shop. This tea shop only open in season time. After one hour walking through the forest you will be in Chandragiri Hill at 2729 m.
From Chandragiri Hill you can observe spectacular mountains view west to east including Mt. Api, Saipal to Everest, Makalu, Kanchanjunga Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang himal, Dorje Lakpa and Gaurishankar mountains range.
The Chandragiri inhabitant of auspicious medical plant(herbs) and it has been found in Chandragiri jungle sub-tropical zone (1,000-2275 m). It is also remarkable place to observe the verities of birds including Grey Wagtail, Steppe Eagle, Kingfishers, Common Myna, Indian Pond Heron, Oriental Turtle Dove, Red-vented Bulbul, Great Egret, House Crow, House Sparrow, Little Egret, Spotted Dove and so many others. The trail continues two and half hour descend to the Hattiban Resort. Your day hiking in end . Drive to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
Trip Name: Chandragiri Day Hiking
Trek Start/End : Thankot / machhegaun
Grade : Easy
Trek start Elevation : 1650 m.
Highest Elevation : 2729 m.
Group Size : Minimum 2 person
Mode of Trek : Day hiking
Trek Duration : 6-7 hours walking.
- 07:15 – Drive 30m to thankot.
- 07:45 – Tea and coffee break, in thankot fill up water bottle or last minute shopping for the hike.
- 08:15 – Start hiking from thankot to Chhap Bhanjyang at 2275m through the small village and forest. Walk 3 hours.
- 11:45 – After 3 hours steep climb reach in top Chhap Bhanjyang at 2275m.
- 11:45 to 12:45 – lunch break for one hour ( Pack lunch and hot tea, coffee).
- 13:45 – Reach top of Chandragiri Hill at 2729m which is rewarded with spectacular views of the mountains.
- 16:15- The trail continues two and half hour descend to machhegaun. Your day hiking in end . Tea break for 10m.
- Pack lunch (Tea and coffee ,French fried and fried noodle , boiled potato, sandwich etc).
- Tea coffee or Noodle soup at ending point in machhegaun.
- Private Transportation.
- All bar and beverage bill.
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. Personal illness, strike etc.
- Meal not mentioned.
What we provide?
- Professional Guide.
What to bring?
- Comfortable Sport Shoes and please no leather Shoes and slippers.
- Camera, (If you have, if not never mind, we have one).
- Sun glass, Sun Cream, Sunhat, Slipper.
- water bottle.
- Medicine (If you are under any medication).
- Please bring some snacks, chocolates (if you like).
Frquently Asked Questions
Once you complete your booking, you will be sent a copy of your booking reservation by email. (Check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure your confirmation e-mail was not blocked.) This is proof that your booking is final, and there is no further need to contact us to confirm your reservation.
You can also check details or your bookings by signing in to your account and going to your Manage your bookings page.
If you are not registered with WalkNepal.com, you can look up your booking confirmation by last name and either your credit card number used for the reservation or the itinerary or confirmation number (sent to you via e-mail).
Sometimes our booking confirmations aren’t successfully received as your email provider may be treating our message as “spam,” or it may have bounced back as at the time of booking the mailbox had exceeded its limit etc. Not to worry: you can view and print your booking online by logging in and following the “Bookings” link from the homepage.
If no bookings are displayed online, or you don’t have an online account and didn’t write down your itinerary number, please call us and our advisors will be happy to resend you a confirmation by email.
WalkNepal.com Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can email us for help at any time, or give us a call. If you have any questions or concerns about your reservation, our service representatives will be ready to assist you.
Yes, you can. We won’t charge you for this, but your payment won’t be refunded in case of following conditions. Check the terms and conditions of your booking.
Before 24 hours 100% refund.
After 24 hours 50% refund
After arrival of the customer at the service site 0% refund i.e. non refundable.if the booked ticket is cancelled due to any of the reasons of the company, such ticket shall be postponed to next hike or shall returned the entire amount to booking agent.
To cancel, go to your booking summary and click on “Cancel booking.”