Dhampus Hiking route is also a gateway to Annapurna Conservation Area. The place also serves as one of the main entry points to Annapurna Base camp and to other trekking trails of Annapurna Region. The village ranges from an altitude of 800 m at the base to 1600 m.
The journey to Dhampus village, one of the paradises of Nepal, begins from Phedi village, nearly a 15 minutes drive from beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara.
Midway on the day-long drive between Kathmandu and Pokhara lies the hilltop settlement of Bandipur – a Newar town with its age-old flavour intact.Catching the historical trail at Dumre Bazaar, one climbs through pristine forests to arrive at a township that has hardly changed.While the other trading posts of the Nepali hills have modernised, Bandipur retains its age-old cultural activities. It still has its temples, shrines, holy caves, innumerable festivals and a Newari architecture that harks back to the Kathmandu Valley of old.
On a wide saddle at a height of 1005 m (3500 ft) overlooking the Marsyangdi river valley, Bandipur provides an unrivalled view of the Himalayan panorama (including the range of Gorkha Himal, above). The surrounding hills are ideal for hiking, along trails that take you through tribal villages, verdant forests, ‘power places’, and hilltop shrines which once doubled as fortresses.
Well-preserved Bandipur today invites travellers to come and experience its unique offerings: mountain cultures, mountain views, and mountain walking. Bandipur is tantalising – and as yet undiscovered.
Itinerary and details:
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Phedi and hike to Dhampus overnight .
Day 02: Trek from Dhampus to Pokhara lunch on the way and night stay.
Day 03: 06am wakeup call, boating to Fewa lake, back to hotel and have breakfast. After Breakfast drive to Mahendra Cave, Bat Cave, Seti George, and back to hotel. After Lunch, drive to Davi’s fall, Gupteshwor Cave and World Peace Stupa.
Day 04: After breakfast drive to Begnas Lake. And drive to Bandipur, lunch on the way. Over night at hotel
Day 05: After breakfast, Hike for an hour to visit Siddha Cave, and drive to Kathmandu .
Price : USD 350
The package includes:
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, non-veg dinner) while on trek.
- Accommodation at guesthouse/ lodge on the trek.
- All Transportation in private car/jeep.
The package does not include:
- Any other services, activities, meals, liquor & whatever not mentioned in inclusion
- Any flight Ticket, Personal Travel Insurance, Telephone Call.
- Mineral Water extra bottle, Laundry Service, Bottled drinks, Meals, your personal expenses.
- Tips for guide & driver, Insurance for any loss & damage.
- Tour Guide, Medical.
- Travel insurance
- Air condition on Vehicle, Any other expenses
- Meals, Snacks & other personal expenses on the way.
What we provide?
- Professional Guide.
What to bring?
- Comfortable Sport Shoes and slippers
- Camera, (If you have, if not never mind, we have one)
- Sun glass, Sun Cream, Sunhat, Slipper.
- Medicine (If you are under any medication) , first aid is available from us
- Please bring some snacks, chocolates (if you like)
Frquently Asked Questions
Once you complete your booking, you will be sent a copy of your booking reservation by email. (Check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure your confirmation e-mail was not blocked.) This is proof that your booking is final, and there is no further need to contact us to confirm your reservation.
You can also check details or your bookings by signing in to your account and going to your Manage your bookings page.
If you are not registered with WalkNepal.com, you can look up your booking confirmation by last name and either your credit card number used for the reservation or the itinerary or confirmation number (sent to you via e-mail).
Sometimes our booking confirmations aren’t successfully received as your email provider may be treating our message as “spam,” or it may have bounced back as at the time of booking the mailbox had exceeded its limit etc. Not to worry: you can view and print your booking online by logging in and following the “Bookings” link from the homepage.
If no bookings are displayed online, or you don’t have an online account and didn’t write down your itinerary number, please call us and our advisors will be happy to resend you a confirmation by email.
WalkNepal.com Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can email us for help at any time, or give us a call. If you have any questions or concerns about your reservation, our service representatives will be ready to assist you.
Yes, you can. We won’t charge you for this, but your payment won’t be refunded in case of following conditions. Check the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Before 72 hours 100% refund.
- After 24 hours 50% refund
- After arrival of the customer at the service site 0% refund i.e. non refundable.if the booked ticket is cancelled due to any of the reasons of the company, such ticket shall be postponed to next hike or shall returned the entire amount to booking agent.
To cancel, go to your booking summary and click on “Cancel booking.”