Tilicho Lake Trekking – Tilicho Lake is a lake located in the Manang district of Nepal at 55 km areal distance from Pokhara. It is situated at an altitude of 4,919 meters (16,138 ft) in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas and is known as the highest lake for its size in the world even though there are lakes at higher altitude even in Nepal.
Tilicho Lake Trekking is the destination of one of the most popular side hikes of the Annapurna Circuit trek. Tilicho Lake was also the site of one of the highest ever altitude scuba dives. A Russian diving team, consisting of Andrei Andryushin, Denis Bakin, and Maxim Gresko, conducted a scuba dive in the lake in 2000. Tilicho Lake trek begins from Besisahar which goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing and preparation for Tilicho trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syange (1100) via Besisahar and overnight at chame
Day 04: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,200m).
Day 05: Trek from Pisang to Manang Village(3,450m).
Day 06: Rest at Manang acclimatization day.
Day 07: Trek from Manang to Khangsar (3734m).
Day 08: Trek from Khansar to Tilicho base camp (4150m).
Day 09: Trek to Tilicho Lake (4919m) and back to base camp.
Day 10: Trek from Tilicho base camp to Yak Kharka (4018m).
Day 11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong high camp (4925m).
Day 12: Trek to Muktinath (3760m) via Thorong pass (5416m).
Day 13: Trek to Jomsom (2720m) via Kagbeni (2810m).
Day 14: Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (820m).
Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu, evening farewell dinner.
Day 16: Transfer to airport for onward destination.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle including airport transfers.
- Three nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tours including tour guide and entry fee.
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance.
- Trekking permit.(National Park fee)
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System.(Please bring three passport photos)
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’.
- Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu.
(A multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency.
Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of
- All kind of cold drinks during the trek.
- Hot showers during the trek.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- WIFI internet during the trek.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.(Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
What we provide?
- Professional Guide.
- Walknepal Tshirt.
What to bring?
- Comfortable Sport Shoes and slippers
- Camera, (If you have, if not never mind, we have one)
- Sun glass, Sun Cream, Sunhat, Slipper.
- Medicine (If you are under any medication) , first aid is available from us
- Please bring some snacks, chocolates (if you like)
How do I know a reservation is accepted or confirmed?
Once you complete your booking, you will be sent a copy of your booking reservation by email. (Check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure your confirmation e-mail was not blocked.) This is proof that your booking is final, and there is no further need to contact us to confirm your reservation.
You can also check details or your bookings by signing in to your account and going to your Manage your bookings page.
If you are not registered with WalkNepal.com, you can look up your booking confirmation by last name and either your credit card number used for the reservation or the itinerary or confirmation number (sent to you via e-mail).
What should I do if I didn't receive a confirmation email after making my reservation?
Sometimes our booking confirmations aren’t successfully received as your email provider may be treating our message as “spam,” or it may have bounced back as at the time of booking the mailbox had exceeded its limit etc. Not to worry: you can view and print your booking online by logging in and following the “Bookings” link from the homepage.
If no bookings are displayed online, or you don’t have an online account and didn’t write down your itinerary number, please call us and our advisors will be happy to resend you a confirmation by email.
How can I contact WalkNepal.com Customer Service?
WalkNepal.com Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can email us for help at any time, or give us a call. If you have any questions or concerns about your reservation, our service representatives will be ready to assist you.
Can I change or cancel my non-refundable booking?
Yes, you can. We won’t charge you for this, but your payment won’t be refunded in case of following conditions. Check the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Before 24 hours 100% refund.
- After 24 hours 50% refund
- After arrival of the customer at the service site 0% refund i.e. non refundable.if the booked ticket is cancelled due to any of the reasons of the company, such ticket shall be postponed to next hike or shall returned the entire amount to booking agent.
To cancel, go to your booking summary and click on “Cancel booking.”