Nepal’s first and only tower Bungee, HighGround Bungee has something for everyone. Located at a convenient 20 minutes from Pokhara Lakeside, the jump site offers a spellbinding view of the Himalayas, the hills and the rivers that will take your breath away.
The HighGround bungee is set-up and operated by highly trained professionals (jump-masters) from Europe and comply with the highest safety standards. We have adopted the best technologies in the industry and the highest quality bungee cord to ensure the safety of our valued clients.
With an incline of 56 degree, total length of 1.8 km and a vertical drop of 600 meters, it is the tallest, the longest and the steepest zipline in the whole world. Located in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, no zip line ever made comes even close to this.
Itinerary and details:
- Pick-up from HGA office at Lakeside, Pokhara.
- Drive to High Ground Zip-Flyer Launch pad/Bungy station.
- Zip-Flyer ride/Bungy jump.
- Drop-off to HGA office at Lakeside, Pokhara.
Pictures, videos and merchandise will be available to purchase at the souvenir shop and are not included in the above.
Duration: 2.5 to 3hrs for a group (includes the whole process; departure from Lakeside until return back to Lakeside & the ride itself is maximum 2 minutes)
NOTE: The clients’ accidental insurance up to NPR 500,000 is also included in both the activities.
- Age Range: Adults and children aged 12 and older only.
- Children: Children between the ages of 12 to 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian of 18 years or older during the entire Zip-Flyer experience and sign the waiver on their behalf.
- Weight: All riders must weigh between 35kgs and 125kgs.
- Footwear: Secure closed toed shoes are a must.
- No alcohol may be consumed by the rider prior to taking the ride.
Frquently Asked Questions
Once you complete your booking, you will be sent a copy of your booking reservation by email. (Check your spam or junk mail folder to make sure your confirmation e-mail was not blocked.) This is proof that your booking is final, and there is no further need to contact us to confirm your reservation.
You can also check details or your bookings by signing in to your account and going to your Manage your bookings page.
If you are not registered with WalkNepal.com, you can look up your booking confirmation by last name and either your credit card number used for the reservation or the itinerary or confirmation number (sent to you via e-mail).
Sometimes our booking confirmations aren’t successfully received as your email provider may be treating our message as “spam,” or it may have bounced back as at the time of booking the mailbox had exceeded its limit etc. Not to worry: you can view and print your booking online by logging in and following the “Bookings” link from the homepage.
If no bookings are displayed online, or you don’t have an online account and didn’t write down your itinerary number, please call us and our advisors will be happy to resend you a confirmation by email.
WalkNepal.com Customer Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can email us for help at any time, or give us a call. If you have any questions or concerns about your reservation, our service representatives will be ready to assist you.
Yes, you can. We won’t charge you for this, but your payment won’t be refunded in case of following conditions. Check the terms and conditions of your booking.
- Before 72 hours 100% refund.
- After 24 hours 50% refund
- After arrival of the customer at the service site 0% refund i.e. non refundable.if the booked ticket is cancelled due to any of the reasons of the company, such ticket shall be postponed to next hike or shall returned the entire amount to booking agent.
To cancel, go to your booking summary and click on “Cancel booking.”